Skip to content
Click to Call
The Mitchell Agency LLC

4170 Carmichael CT., Ste. A
Montgomery, AL 36106

Get Directions

Featured Insurance Blog

What You Need To Know About Wind Coverage Insurance

Understanding the different types of insurance coverage you need is crucial to your insurance choices. At The Mitchell Agency LLC, we want to help homeowners in Alabama and Georgia make solid insurance decisions. 

What Is Wind Coverage?

Wind coverage, also sometimes called windstorm coverage, is often included in most homeowners’ policies. This is the type of protection that can help to pay for repairs or replacement of your home when there is damage resulting from the wind.

Does Wind Coverage Include Hurricanes?

Hurricane insurance is a special type of insurance coverage that is usually not included in homeowners’ policies. You will need to talk with an insurance representative concerning hurricane insurance if you live in an area that is prone to hurricane risks.

What Does Wind Coverage Include?

This type of insurance will provide compensation for the repair or restoration of your home and items on your property that are damaged or lost during a weather event. You should note that there are specific qualifying criteria for weather events in order for the insurance to kick in. You need to discuss these qualifying factors in depth with your insurance representative to ensure that you are well aware of how this type of coverage works.

What Types of Windstorms Are There?

There are many different types of windstorms that can cause damage to your property. These include:

  • Straight line winds
  • Derechos
  • Tornados
  • Hurricanes
  • Thunderstorms

Contact Us Today

You should keep in mind that wind damage may or may not be accompanied by rain and flooding. Flood insurance is usually a separate type of insurance coverage. If you are interested in learning about flood insurance, you should contact an insurance representative.

If you would like to learn more about our insurance services, please contact us at The Mitchell Agency LLC, serving Georgia and Alabama.

Do I need commercial insurance to sell multiple-level-marketing products?

When it comes to commercial insurance, there are a lot of grey areas. For example, do you need commercial insurance to sell multiple-level-marketing products? Our team of insurance experts at The Mitchell Agency LLC is here to navigate all your commercial insurance questions. 

Need commercial insurance for multiple-level-marketing products?

In short, the answer is no, but there are exceptions.

Let’s take a closer look:

In Alabama and Georgia, if you are an independent contractor selling MLM products, you are not required to have commercial insurance. However, if you have any employees working for you, even if they are only part-time or 1099 contractors, then you must carry workers’ compensation and liability insurance.

Workers’ compensation and liability insurance are both types of commercial insurance policies. A general liability policy protects you from third-party claims of bodily injury, personal injury, libel, or slander resulting from your business interactions, employees, or property.

A workers’ compensation policy safeguards both the employer and employee in case the employee experiences a work-related injury. The employee is protected through compensation, such as medical bill coverage and lost wages, from being unable to work.

When it comes to insurance, there are a lot of grey areas. However, when it comes to whether or not commercial insurance is required to sell MLM products in Alabama and Georgia, the answer is no—as long as you don’t have any employees working for you. If you’re still not sure whether or not you need commercial insurance when selling MLM products, your best bet is to talk to an insurance agent who can assess your specific situation and advise you on the best course of action.

Give Us A Call

In the meantime, if you have any questions about your insurance needs, don’t hesitate to contact us here at the Mitchell Agency LLC. We’re always happy to help!

Does home insurance cover valuables like jewelry and collectible art?

If you have valuables like jewelry, art, or collectibles, you might wonder if your home insurance policy will cover them in the event of loss or damage. The answer is maybe—it all depends on the individual policy. Our team of insurance experts at Mitchell Agency LLC is here to assist with what kinds of valuables are typically covered by home insurance policies in Alabama and Georgia.

Does home insurance cover valuables like jewelry and collectible art?

Home insurance policies typically cover two types of valuables: personal property and scheduled items. Personal property is everything you own that is not attached to your home, like furniture, clothes, electronics, and jewelry. Scheduled items are valuables that are specifically listed in your policy and require a separate premium; these items are usually high-value items like collectibles, art, furs, musical instruments, and silverware. 

If you have expensive jewelry or other valuables, the payout limit of your policy, you may want to consider purchasing a separate insurance policy (called a rider) to cover those items. 

Another thing to remember is that home insurance policies typically have deductibles—the amount you have to pay out of pocket before your insurer kicks in—and some deductibles can be quite high. 

Contact Us Today

If you own valuables like jewelry or art, it’s important to find out if your home insurance policy covers them. Most Georgia and Alabama policies will cover personal property up to a certain limit, but schedule items may need to be added separately. Remember that there may also be limits on how much your insurer will pay out for lost or damaged items, and you may have to pay a deductible before coverage kicks in.

When it comes to protecting your valuables, knowledge is power—so contact the Mitchell Agency LLC to check that everything is covered.


Servicing States

  • Alabama
  • Georgia


Partner Carriers

  • Allstate
  • Centauri
  • Encompass
  • Guard
  • Heritage
  • Liberty Mutual
  • Nationwide
  • Orion180
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • State Auto
  • The Hartford
  • Travelers